Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hannah here; your fully raw expert!

MY "NOTHING BUT DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS SMOOTHIE"

**HANDFUL OF KALE
HANDFUL OF SPINACH 
A SMALL SLICE OF LEMON (PEEL INCLUDED)
1 GREEN APPLE
HALF CARTON OF BLUEBERRIES
A HANDFUL OF BLACKBERRIES
1 MANGO
1 RIPE BANANA** 

(: MY PLAN AND WHO I AM :)

I am here to help you better understand what going raw vegan really means,
as well as recipes to achieve your goals.
Whether you are going vegan for the sake of the animals or for health reasons, I am here to help!!

My name is Hannah, I am 17 years old, and I have a genuine passion for eating healthy. 
My 2 year journey as a vegetarian and the obstacles I faced and OVERCAME, 
led me to this point in my life.
I thought to myself why not take it a step further? Maybe 2 steps?
Not just become a vegan, but a RAW VEGAN!


The differences between the three:


Vegetarian: A person who refrains from eating the meat of animals (In my case, because of all the growth hormones and preservatives that are injected into the animals to quicken the process of the meat industry) 
I BECAME INSPIRED BY THE ONE AND ONLY, ANTHONY ROBBINS!!
If you don't know who Tony is check out his website below, he changed my life..


Vegan: A person who takes all animal products completely out of their diet (Meat, cheese, milk, etc..)

Raw Vegan: A person who is not only vegan, (no consumption of any by product from an animal) but a raw vegan. Being a raw vegan means that your diet consists of only raw veggies, raw fruit, raw nuts, and raw seeds. Raw vegans do not cook their food above 118 degrees, the reason being is because we believe at that temperature the "enzymes" in the food die. We do use dehydrators though! Food dehydrators use a heat source and air flow to reduce the water content in foods. By removing the water it shields the food from growing harmful bacteria (preserves the food without harmful chemicals) and you can store and use the foods at a later time. 
Things we dehydrate:
(raw veggies, raw fruits, raw nuts, and raw seeds) Can you believe it? hahah

Why eat something that isn't fully alive, with all the natural and beneficial enzymes needed for survival?


Why I became a Vegetarian in the first place:

I went to Anthony Robbin's Unleash the Power Within workshop in 2011 in Detroit, Michigan. 
At this three day workshop Anthony began teaching us that if we believe it, we can create it with the power of our minds, conscious and subconscious.  
On the FIRST day of this workshop I walked on hot coals.
He had us do this to prove to ourselves that we can overcome any obstacle that is put in front of us. (One of the craziest and most powerful things I have EVER done).

Tina, Me, and Kristin after the fire walk!!!
This was an experience of a lifetime !!
1,200 - 2,000 degrees coals











Day 2: We talked about how to be successful in business and ways you can use simple techniques and tricks to get people interested in what you are presenting. 
"The Mirror Technique"
We played a game where one person made a pose and you had to mirror them exactly.

This exercise helped us understand that people like people that act, think, and dream the same way as them... thats how people feel a connection.

If someone has their legs crossed, cross yours, if someone looks away while talking, slowly look away at times, and if someone talks at a faster pace mirror how they talk. It is insane how these little techniques help! 
Guarantee they will end up saying "I don't know what it is but I just really like them." 
The reason they "like you" is because you are acting like them.


FINALLY

Day 3: Was the day all about nutrition, the day I officially became a vegetarian. 
Anthony had a 30 day challenge that he "challenged" us to do after the workshop.

No processed foods
His breathing techniques
No meat
No dairy (after the 30 days I implemented it back into my diet)
Work out at least 30 minutes a day
Jumping on a trampoline 20 minutes a day to release toxins
and many more tips

***************************************************

(If you are interested in exactly what the 30 day challenge is ask me for my email)

********************************************

BASICALLY

After the 30 day challenge I went back to my normal diet of eating chips, cookies, and all the other sweets we teenagers like to indulge in! Except for meat, I kept that out. I am honestly not sure why, I suppose I wasn't a huge meat eater to begin with, but I really wanted to see how long I could go without eating it. 
It will be 2 years in July (coming up soon) and I am SO PROUD of myself. It is literally one of my biggest accomplishments of my life. 

Can't wait to post more blogs and start to add recipes, this is going to be SO much fun!
Bye bye, social life. HELLO BLOG FAMILY ;)

NOW FOR MY RAW VEGAN JOURNEY!!!

I MADE THIS BLOG TO STAY MOTIVATED AND I PROMISE TO HELP YOU DO THE SAME !!!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment